Recent Facebook Posts
Article from our friends at Strider. If you are interested in trying one of their bikes, 3 different sizes are available for trial at our center…
UCAT featured on the Matt Townsend show featuring our GoBabyGo project. Great job Mike and Kevin.
UCAT featured on Good4utah with our GoBabyGo project.
- Discovery Center implements sensory tools November 30, 2015One of the ways the council has addressed children with special needs is by purchasing assistive technology tools, which can be checked out by ...
- Information on hiring a disabled person November 30, 2015... Disability Related Employment Supports (DRES) can be used help offset some of the costs of worksite modifications or assistive technology.
- Research and Honors, December 1 November 30, 2015In addition to editing, she contributed three chapters on specified learning disabilities, assistive technology, and international special education law.
- Monday Tech Tip: Math Manipulatives November 30, 2015Jim Franklin, Special Education Teacher at Elm Street Elementary in Rome, GA, shows us a number line math manipulative he has invented. Check it ...
- The Carers' Resource mark Carers' Rights Day November 30, 2015The event saw carers pick up information from experts on a range of issues including housing, health, assistive technology (to help people stay in their ...
- Post-doctoral Researcher - Computer Vision and Machine Learning for Assistive Technology at ... November 30, 2015This project will develop ambitious and novel assistive technology for non-speaking people. Specifically, it aims to increase the communication rate ...
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Make New Alliance With Guide Dogs- NYSE:NEE, NYSE ... November 30, 2015In alliance with British charity Guide Dogs, Microsoft (MSFT) has updated its assistive technology, adding smart headsets and an app planed to assist ...
- HS2: supplement to the October 2013 strategic case November 30, 2015If you use assistive technology and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please ...
- Measuring landfill methane emissions using unmanned aerial systems November 30, 2015This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request a ... This earlier study examined sensor and UAS platform technology, and the ...
- My Assistive Technology Handbook November 30, 2015Enter your contact details to download! Please be aware that by completing and submitting these details you are consenting LifeTec to collect, use and ...
- Discovery Center implements sensory tools November 30, 2015
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology will hold an open house Thursday, October 1st, 2015 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will have over 20 vendors join us this year […]
I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and give some background on what I am bringing to my new position as UCAT Director. My name is Mike Wollenzien. […]
UCAT’s own Occupational Therapist, Kevin Christensen, is a young professional with many talents. When he’s not busy modifying devices, meeting with clients, performing evaluations for prospective drivers reliant upon hand controls, […]
Please join us for the premier conference on assistive technology in the state of Utah! This year’s conference will be at the Ogden Eccles Conference Center February 4th and 5th. […]
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Posted on July 5, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT was asked by OPTIONS for Independence to help build a walker for an individual that is 7’4″ and weighs 730 pounds. We recommended a walker with a 750 lb weight capacity […]
Posted on May 2, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT would like to introduce Kevin Christensen as our new employee. Kevin is a great addition for us because of his education, experience evaluating assistive technology with a wide variety […]
Posted on August 26, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT’s mission statement is: Helping people with disabilities identify and obtain assistive technology that will enhance the quality of their lives. Recently a client gave us an astonishing thank you […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]