Recent Facebook Posts
- Governor signs act to help families of children with disabilities July 29, 2015... to offset qualified expenses related to education, housing, transportation, employment training and support, assistive technology and person support ...
- 2016 Acura ILX Sedan Achieves 5-Star Vehicle Score July 29, 2015One aspect of Acura's safety performance leadership is the availability of the AcuraWatch suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies on all ...
- Prosthetics and Assistive Technology Challenge helps bring 3D printed assistive devices to veterans July 29, 2015More recently, this was the case for the VA Innovation Creation Series Prosthetics and Assistive Technology Challenge that was held July 28th and ...
- Special Education Technology: Classrooms Applications pdf download online free July 29, 2015Use of Computer Technology to Help Students with Special Needs. - SPED 7702 Technology in Special Education. - Assistive Technology in Our ...
- Summer Academy prepares visually impaired students for college life July 29, 2015UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — For the second year, the College of Education, in conjunction with the College of Health and Human Development and the ...
- Honda Opens New Silicon Valley Facility, Announces R&D Initiative July 29, 2015The vehicle will also boast a suite of drive-assistive and safety technologies known as Honda Sensing. The update will help reduce the number of ...
- 10 Tips to Differentiate Using 21st Century Assistive Technology July 29, 2015Differentiated instruction is not a new approach to meeting students' unique learning needs, but it has been enhanced through assistive technologies.
- Business briefcase July 29, 2015... services office, to hire a dedicated “alternative text specialist” to accommodate students requiring alternative text and assistive technology resources.
- Using the Power of Makers and 3D Printing to Help Veterans July 29, 2015The Prosthetics and Assistive Technology Challenge series event will take place July 28-29 in Richmond, Virginia, and the two-day event gives ...
- Announcing RESNA's Fall Course Schedule July 29, 2015The Fundamentals course provides interested individuals with an overview of different assistive technologies. Designed for the new professional as ...
- Governor signs act to help families of children with disabilities July 29, 2015
Meet Mike Wollenzien, UCAT Director
I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and give some background on what I am bringing to my new position as UCAT Director. My name is Mike Wollenzien. […]
Occupational Therapist Kevin Christensen answers all the exciting questions you’ve ever wanted answers to
UCAT’s own Occupational Therapist, Kevin Christensen, is a young professional with many talents. When he’s not busy modifying devices, meeting with clients, performing evaluations for prospective drivers reliant upon hand controls, […]
UATT Conference February 4th and 5th, 2015
Please join us for the premier conference on assistive technology in the state of Utah! This year’s conference will be at the Ogden Eccles Conference Center February 4th and 5th. […]
UCAT Annual Open House 2014
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology will hold an open house on Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will have over 20 vendors join us this […]
Meet our new staff member – Julia Pearce
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
Modified SUV, scooter gifted to college-bound man with spina bifida
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Posted on July 5, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT was asked by OPTIONS for Independence to help build a walker for an individual that is 7’4″ and weighs 730 pounds. We recommended a walker with a 750 lb weight capacity […]
Posted on May 2, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT would like to introduce Kevin Christensen as our new employee. Kevin is a great addition for us because of his education, experience evaluating assistive technology with a wide variety […]
Posted on August 26, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT’s mission statement is: Helping people with disabilities identify and obtain assistive technology that will enhance the quality of their lives. Recently a client gave us an astonishing thank you […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]