- Assistive Technology Award October 23, 2014Axistive is awarding the Assistive Technology Award 2008 to in December 2008. We have four categories: Best AT Vendor Best AT Product Best AT ...
- Links October 23, 2014Interesting sites to visit: Assistive Technology searches on this website (link with all searches done since we started... Learn what users search for on ...
- BMI & Assistive Technology October 23, 2014Add to CrunchBase · BMI & Assistive Technology. Past Team. Update · Cb logo The Business Graph. 410 Townsend Street San Francisco, CA 94107.
- Sign language interpreter in ACT Parliament hailed as an important first October 23, 2014Liberal MLA Brendan Smyth watches on as an interpreter translates Nicole Lawder s speech into AUSLAN Liberal MLA Brendan Smyth watches on as ...
- Beginning a Career in AAC October 23, 2014When I started working in outpatient, I was asked if I was interested in becoming the 'go-to' person for assistive technology. Another SLP who has ...
- Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities October 23, 2014Assistive technology is defined as a branch of technology that is specially designed for people with disabilities. It has something to do with giving aid to ...
- Five Questions for Joanne Robinson October 23, 2014Over the years, computers brought with them innovative special education curriculums, learning labs, assistive technology and a myriad of new ways ...
- Graduate Assistive Technology Information Session October 23, 2014The Assistive Special Education Technology program is one of the few programs nationwide that provides expert mastery in the specialized field of ...
- Drinking water scheme: sample instruction sheets October 23, 2014If you use assistive technology and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us ...
- Assistive technology October 23, 2014Helping Today'sChildren Succeed:Emerging Perspectives onLearning Agenda•••IntroductionOverview about working with students who have special ...
- Assistive Technology Award October 23, 2014
UCAT Annual Open House 2014
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology will hold an open house on Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will have over 20 vendors join us this […]
Meet our new staff member – Julia Pearce
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
Modified SUV, scooter gifted to college-bound man with spina bifida
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Lightning McQueen Adaptation
Last year UCAT was asked to help in a great project called Go Baby Go out of Delaware where research is being done to modify and adapt ride on toy […]
We’ve all heard the quote, “work to live, not live to work”. We couldn’t agree more—work should be a part of life, but not life itself. UCAT strives to help […]
Adapted Steering Controls
Steve Townsend worked with his client in obtaining a spinner on her steering wheel which allows her to drive independently. Monique was born with Epidermolysis Bullosa which causes her hands […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]
Posted on April 29, 2011 | No CommentsBackground: A mother requested help finding a way for her son to be able to play fetch with his companion dog; however, the son was quadriplegic and had no movement in […]
Posted on March 11, 2011 | No CommentsWrite up by Kevin John Wii Remote modification Background: An individual contacted us with the request to adapt a Wii remote that would allow him to play his favorite Wii […]
Posted on January 26, 2011 | No CommentsThe world of assistive technology is always changing. UCAT employees are constantly trying to keep up with and learn the latest in our field to better serve our clients. One […]