- Orphan works diligent search guidance for applicants September 17, 2014If you use assistive technology and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us ...
- Primary outcomes September 17, 2014What is the level and nature of assistive technology (AT) use among people with multiple sclerosis (MS)? What are the physical and psychological ...
- EVENT: Assistive Technology and Ability Lab September 17, 2014Assistive technology is used by people with disabilities to allow them to perform activities they would otherwise be unable to do. It is an umbrella term ...
- Chicago gigs September 17, 2014gigs Occupational Therapist - Part Time, RIC Assistive Tech #CHI #chicago #IL Chicago gigs via Twitter on Sep 17,2014 - 512128876432982016.
- Brendan Cummins To Launch New Assistive Technology Library September 17, 2014All News. Brendan Cummins to launch new “assistive technology library”. 17 Sep, 2014. Facility will highlight devices to make life easier for people ...
- By Diane P. Bryant Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities September 17, 2014By Diane P. Bryant Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities (2nd Edition) [Diane P. Bryant] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying ...
- Assistive Technology September 17, 2014The latest Tweets from Assistive Technology (@pdsbAT): #thisishowwedoAT.
- Assistive And Adaptive Bioengineered Powerpoint September 17, 201483 15 4,373 KB 70 hours ago [none] Assistive technology, adaptive technology, and low vision aids, assist blind, visually impaired, or persons with.
- Assistive Technology Center Open House September 17, 2014Name: Assistive Technology Center Open House. Date: September 17, 2014. Time: 4:45 PM - 7:00 PM. To Current Calendar. Location: NAU Assitive ...
- Design and Use of Assistive Technology: Social, Technical, Ethical, and Economic Challenges by ... September 16, 2014Are You Looking for Design and Use of Assistive Technology: Social, Technical, Ethical, and Economic Challenges by Meeko Mitsuko K. Oishi and Ian ...
- Orphan works diligent search guidance for applicants September 17, 2014
UCAT Annual Open House 2014
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology will hold an open house on Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will have over 20 vendors join us this […]
Meet our new staff member – Julia Pearce
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
Modified SUV, scooter gifted to college-bound man with spina bifida
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Lightning McQueen Adaptation
Last year UCAT was asked to help in a great project called Go Baby Go out of Delaware where research is being done to modify and adapt ride on toy […]
We’ve all heard the quote, “work to live, not live to work”. We couldn’t agree more—work should be a part of life, but not life itself. UCAT strives to help […]
Adapted Steering Controls
Steve Townsend worked with his client in obtaining a spinner on her steering wheel which allows her to drive independently. Monique was born with Epidermolysis Bullosa which causes her hands […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]
Posted on April 29, 2011 | No CommentsBackground: A mother requested help finding a way for her son to be able to play fetch with his companion dog; however, the son was quadriplegic and had no movement in […]
Posted on March 11, 2011 | No CommentsWrite up by Kevin John Wii Remote modification Background: An individual contacted us with the request to adapt a Wii remote that would allow him to play his favorite Wii […]
Posted on January 26, 2011 | No CommentsThe world of assistive technology is always changing. UCAT employees are constantly trying to keep up with and learn the latest in our field to better serve our clients. One […]