- ATU166 - Voice Banking for ALS and Augmentative Communication, IBM names Frances West ... July 25, 2014... of technology designed to assist people with disabilities and special needs. ... Virtual On Line Training (VOLT) · Assistive Technology Evaluations ...
- Comcast Assistive Technology Grant Fund July 25, 2014Easter Seals, in partnership with the Comcast Foundation, today announced that Easter Seals programs in six locations nationwide will receive $25,0.
- Assistive Technology Support Teacher July 24, 2014Click here to apply for this Assistive Technology Support Teacher job with Henry County Schools in McDonough GA at K12 Jobspot!
- Assistive Technology for students with disabilities July 24, 2014Assistive Technology for students with disabilities ... Assistive Technology in the Classroom by Guadalupe Aguilera 581 views · 2:36:03. Watch Later
- Assistive Technologies July 24, 2014Accessiblity Services Department provides information, demonstrations, presentations on assistive technology as well as technical assistance for a ...
- Assistive Tech Project July 24, 2014I watched several videos on how to use technology to benefit people with special needs. I answered questions about the videos that helped me ...
- Accessibility & Assistive Technology Coordinator for Student Disability Services July 24, 2014Additionally, the Coordinator will meet regularly with eligible students as needed, provide assistive technology training and support to students, ...
- Assistive Tech July 24, 2014Technology Assistive-technology Rc6 Instructables - Explore the Biggest How To and DIY community where people make and share inspiring, ...
- Assistive Technology 20120228 0243 1 July 24, 2014Assistive Technology 20120228 0243 1. Illinois EHDI. SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe 1. Subscription preferences. Loading... Loading icon ...
- Toshiba laptop with assistive technology July 24, 2014this laptop is about a year and a half old, barely used and is in mint condition. it includes dragon naturally speaking, kurzweil, smart ideas (comes with ...
- ATU166 - Voice Banking for ALS and Augmentative Communication, IBM names Frances West ... July 25, 2014
Meet our new staff member – Julia Pearce
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
Modified SUV, scooter gifted to college-bound man with spina bifida
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Lightning McQueen Adaptation
Last year UCAT was asked to help in a great project called Go Baby Go out of Delaware where research is being done to modify and adapt ride on toy […]
2013 Annual Open House
The Utah Center for Assistive Technolgy Annual Open House October 1, 2013 3:00-6:00 pm Its time for our annual open house where we will be showcasing the newest assistive technology […]
We’ve all heard the quote, “work to live, not live to work”. We couldn’t agree more—work should be a part of life, but not life itself. UCAT strives to help […]
Adapted Steering Controls
Steve Townsend worked with his client in obtaining a spinner on her steering wheel which allows her to drive independently. Monique was born with Epidermolysis Bullosa which causes her hands […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]
Posted on April 29, 2011 | No CommentsBackground: A mother requested help finding a way for her son to be able to play fetch with his companion dog; however, the son was quadriplegic and had no movement in […]
Posted on March 11, 2011 | No CommentsWrite up by Kevin John Wii Remote modification Background: An individual contacted us with the request to adapt a Wii remote that would allow him to play his favorite Wii […]
Posted on January 26, 2011 | No CommentsThe world of assistive technology is always changing. UCAT employees are constantly trying to keep up with and learn the latest in our field to better serve our clients. One […]