Recent Facebook Posts
Check out the kind words for UCAT Occupational Therapist, our own KC. : .”…was referred to UCAT by Andy Curry at Roads to Independence in Ogden…
https://www.striderbikes.com/blog/strider-racing/item/5640-saltlakecityjune25th Come on out and support these athletes and Special Olympic athletes..
Finally some good news….Well done Darin Brush, new USOR Executive Director. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865656462/Changes-in-state-agency-keep-the-focus-on-helping-people.html?pg=all
Pretty great day here! Ken found a standing, mobile chair for Bre and she is now going to have additional freedom for Cheer, Dance and helping..
- A Portable, Affordable Sit-Stand Desk Solution: VARIDESK June 30, 2016There are many reasons employees would benefit from being able to frequently change position from sitting to standing throughout the day. For many ...
- Integrated care transforms lives of disabled people June 30, 2016... housing adaptations team, handyperson scheme, assistive technology staff, wheelchair services, rehabilitation, the blue badge scheme and OTs.
- National Assistive Technology Project June 30, 2016Skip to Content; Accessibility Options; Print. Disability.gov Show Menu. Search. Go. Benefits. Keyboard Users: Use the up and down arrow keys to ...
- Download Assistive Technology: Interventions for Individuals with Severe/Profound and Multiple June 30, 2016Read here http://ebook4share.us/?book=B00A9YGX80 Download Assistive Technology: Interventions for Individuals with Severe/Profound and ...
- Octopus by Joy June 30, 2016Children with special needs often require frequent prompting to complete tasks. I often discuss different smartwatches and other wearables on our ...
- Assistive Technology Specialist Salary in Norwalk, CT June 30, 2016Average Assistive Technology Specialist salaries for job postings in Norwalk, CT are 16% higher than average Assistive Technology Specialist ...
- Benito Servino June 30, 2016... DOE Early Intervention Program/Special Education Program, Program Coordinator for the UOG/CEDDERS Guam System for Assistive Technology, ...
- Assistive technology for the blind June 29, 2016Enlargement Devices - Assistive Technology for the Blind on Vimeo. Braille Notetaker - Assistive Technology for the Blind on Vimeo. Braille Notetaker ...
- NESCA's Assistive Technology Seminar Series June 29, 2016From NESCA June 29, 2016. We live in a world full of technology, and it can be both to our advantage and disadvantage. Come learn how to ...
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update Drops Days After Free Upgrade Period Ends June 29, 2016Page structure and content loaded in Edge is “now exposed more clearly with assistive technology,” which will make it easier for tools such as screen ...
- A Portable, Affordable Sit-Stand Desk Solution: VARIDESK June 30, 2016
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology will hold an open house Thursday, October 1st, 2015 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will have over 20 vendors join us this year […]
I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and give some background on what I am bringing to my new position as UCAT Director. My name is Mike Wollenzien. […]
UCAT’s own Occupational Therapist, Kevin Christensen, is a young professional with many talents. When he’s not busy modifying devices, meeting with clients, performing evaluations for prospective drivers reliant upon hand controls, […]
Please join us for the premier conference on assistive technology in the state of Utah! This year’s conference will be at the Ogden Eccles Conference Center February 4th and 5th. […]
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Posted on July 5, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT was asked by OPTIONS for Independence to help build a walker for an individual that is 7’4″ and weighs 730 pounds. We recommended a walker with a 750 lb weight capacity […]
Posted on May 2, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT would like to introduce Kevin Christensen as our new employee. Kevin is a great addition for us because of his education, experience evaluating assistive technology with a wide variety […]
Posted on August 26, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT’s mission statement is: Helping people with disabilities identify and obtain assistive technology that will enhance the quality of their lives. Recently a client gave us an astonishing thank you […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]