Recent Facebook Posts
- AIISH conducts hackathon on assistive technology for persons with disabilities Global Alliance on ... September 28, 2016Speaking after inaugurating the meet, Director of the Centre for Assistive Technology and Innovation of the National Institute of Speech and Hearing ...
- [PDF] Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology: A Comprehensive Guide to Assistive Technology September 28, 2016[PDF] Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology: A Comprehensive Guide to Assistive Technology. Like. SantaWooldridge ...
- Assistive Technology for Students with Emotional Disturbances September 28, 2016There are several types of assistive technology available to help students with emotional disturbances better succeed in the classroom. These range ...
- Assistive Technology for Students with Speech and Language Impairments September 28, 2016One of the many learning disabilities people are faced with these days is Speech and Language Impairments. There are four different areas that ...
- Assistive Technology for Students with Autism September 28, 2016Autism may limit some students in a class room but there are many assistive devices that can help a student. Assistive technology device is a device ...
- Assistive Technology for students with Tourettes Syndrome September 28, 2016Assistive Technology for students with Tourettes Syndrome. Image result for kids with Tourettes Tourettes Syndrome is a disorder that effects about 1.6 ...
- Ridge Middle School in Mentor kicks off its 'One Grade One Book,' promotes culture of reading ... September 27, 2016Drazin, who participates in speaking engagements across the country, said assistive technology development is also a way that helps in fostering ...
- Improving the Quality of Life for the European Citizen September 27, 2016(Assistive Technology Research Series,) I. Placencia Porrero PDF book ... for Inclusive Design and Equality (Assistive Technology Research, 4) ( ...
- 2 local organizations partner for a dynamic Winter Wonderland September 27, 2016The two-mile trek through the Lake Shawnee campground raises money for TARC's programming, including assistive technology, children's services ...
- BUNDLE: Bouck: Assistive Technology + Bryant September 27, 2016Now you can see BUNDLE: Bouck: Assistive Technology + Bryant: Teaching Students With Special. Needs in Inclusive Classrooms Emily Bouck page ...
- AIISH conducts hackathon on assistive technology for persons with disabilities Global Alliance on ... September 28, 2016
2017 Open House – October 13 – 3:00 – 6:00
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology will hold an open house Thursday, October 13, 2015 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will have over 20 vendors join us this year […]
Meet Mike Wollenzien, UCAT Director
I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and give some background on what I am bringing to my new position as UCAT Director. My name is Mike Wollenzien. […]
Occupational Therapist Kevin Christensen answers all the exciting questions you’ve ever wanted answers to
UCAT’s own Occupational Therapist, Kevin Christensen, is a young professional with many talents. When he’s not busy modifying devices, meeting with clients, performing evaluations for prospective drivers reliant upon hand controls, […]
UATT Conference February 4th and 5th, 2015
Please join us for the premier conference on assistive technology in the state of Utah! This year’s conference will be at the Ogden Eccles Conference Center February 4th and 5th. […]
Meet our new staff member – Julia Pearce
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
Modified SUV, scooter gifted to college-bound man with spina bifida
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Posted on July 5, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT was asked by OPTIONS for Independence to help build a walker for an individual that is 7’4″ and weighs 730 pounds. We recommended a walker with a 750 lb weight capacity […]
Posted on May 2, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT would like to introduce Kevin Christensen as our new employee. Kevin is a great addition for us because of his education, experience evaluating assistive technology with a wide variety […]
Posted on August 26, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT’s mission statement is: Helping people with disabilities identify and obtain assistive technology that will enhance the quality of their lives. Recently a client gave us an astonishing thank you […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]