- How do you spell S-U-C-C-E-S-S? April 17, 2014We'll be raising money for assistive technology, for us to purchase assistive technology for individuals we serve,” said REACH's Maggie Ferguson.
- Application-form-for-assistive-technology-users - Docstoc April 17, 2014STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL [Office Use Only] Application Number THE GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND ASSOCIATION Position applied ...
- Students at a crossroads find help: Agencies help disabled students with life after school April 17, 2014Assistive Technology: 563-344-6321 or 800-947-2329, ext. 6321 or email Teresa Wyant at firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.aea9.k12.ia.us ...
- assistive technology for students with arthritis - lessperlaba36's soup April 17, 2014Assistive Technology is an umbrella term that includes assistive, adaptive, and rehabilitative devices for people with disabilities and also includes the ...
- 180 days of class: Assistive Technology April 17, 2014After watching the first video, I realized that technology is a huge part of people's lives who have a disability. I really liked watching how Mason was so ...
- Logan ProxTalker BackPack - Communication Aids | Assistive Technology - Liberator Ltd April 17, 2014A backpack for the LOGAN® PROXTALKER® communication device available in a number of colours.
- Assistive Technology - SELPA III CAC April 17, 2014Assistive Technology. Did you know that all students receiving Special Education services MUST be considered for assistive technology (AT)? Are you ...
- Assistive Technology Devices - Technology, Hardware and Software - theglint.org April 16, 2014Assistive Technology Devices. Nowadays there are in the world considerably more methods of transmission, where we possibly may stay static in ...
- Assistive technology note taking template April 16, 2014Labels: app store, assistive technology, at, blindness, dyslexia, free, iOS 5. . iOS 5. Overwhelmed by collections of papers used to capture your notes, ...
- assistive technology | Angie Hilem April 16, 2014Posts about assistive technology written by Angie Hilem.
- How do you spell S-U-C-C-E-S-S? April 17, 2014
Meet our new employee, Starla Blackburn
UCAT is excited to introduce our new employee, Starla Blackburn. Starla comes to us from Alpine School District where she served as a Speech Language Pathologist and has over 20 […]
Modified SUV, scooter gifted to college-bound man with spina bifida
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Steve Townsend Reinventing himself.
It is with a bit of sadness and a whole lot of joy that we announce Steve Townsend will be reinventing himself and starting a new chapter in his life. […]
Craig Boogaard Retiring
After 30 years working for the State of Utah and 20 years for the Utah Center for Assistive Technology, Craig Boogaard will be retiring October 31, 2013. Thank you Craig […]
Lightning McQueen Adaptation
Last year UCAT was asked to help in a great project called Go Baby Go out of Delaware where research is being done to modify and adapt ride on toy […]
2013 Annual Open House
The Utah Center for Assistive Technolgy Annual Open House October 1, 2013 3:00-6:00 pm Its time for our annual open house where we will be showcasing the newest assistive technology […]
Posted on May 2, 2013 | No CommentsUCAT would like to introduce Kevin Christensen as our new employee. Kevin is a great addition for us because of his education, experience evaluating assistive technology with a wide variety […]
Posted on August 26, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT’s mission statement is: Helping people with disabilities identify and obtain assistive technology that will enhance the quality of their lives. Recently a client gave us an astonishing thank you […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]
Posted on April 29, 2011 | No CommentsBackground: A mother requested help finding a way for her son to be able to play fetch with his companion dog; however, the son was quadriplegic and had no movement in […]