- Assistive Technology Professionals Learn Online at GMU So All Learners Gain Independence January 27, 2015Becoming a specialist who can effectively assess student needs for learning tools and devices, research services that apply assistive technology (AT), ...
- School Based Assistive Technology Specialist January 27, 2015Sunbelt Staffing is currently seeking a full time or part time Assistive Technology Specialist for a school district located in the San Francisco, CA area.
- Lavielle at hearing for advocates of people with intellectual disabilities January 27, 2015... housing, transportation, employment support, assistive technology, and other expenses. The bill has been referred to the General Assembly's Public ...
- International Association of Accessibility Professionals Selects SmithBucklin for Full-Service ... January 27, 2015“I am excited about our partnership with IAAP, especially since the initial concept for IAAP was developed by the Assistive Technology Industry ...
- Tobii Technology AB: A Simple and Fun Way to Learn Eye Tracking and Prepare for AAC January 27, 2015STOCKHOLM — Today, Tobii Dynavox (http://www.tobii.com/en/assistive-technology/global), part of the Tobii group, the global market leader in eye ...
- 8 Examples of Assistive Technology in the Classroom | Think Inclusive January 27, 2015Here is a list of eight examples of assistive technology that can be used in the classroom. How many of these examples have you used? | Informática ...
- Informática Educativa January 27, 2015Here is a list of eight examples of assistive technology that can be used in the classroom. How many of these examples have you used?
- North Country receives grant to help 20 families January 27, 2015The intent is to increase knowledge of assistive technology specific to maintaining independence for older adults, and 20 new families will be assisted ...
- New Mac word processor makes reading and writing accessible for everyone January 27, 2015This new addition to the AssistiveWare suite of assistive technology solutions is a word processor for Mac that makes reading and writing accessible ...
- Pin by SOS Inc. Resources on Tech Hints January 27, 2015Assistive Technology Blog: ASETNIOP Keyboard-A Revolutionary Keyboard For People With Disabilities. Pinned by SOS Inc. Resources. Follow all ...
- Assistive Technology Professionals Learn Online at GMU So All Learners Gain Independence January 27, 2015
UATT Conference February 4th and 5th, 2015
Please join us for the premier conference on assistive technology in the state of Utah! This year’s conference will be at the Ogden Eccles Conference Center February 4th and 5th. […]
UCAT Annual Open House 2014
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology will hold an open house on Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will have over 20 vendors join us this […]
Meet our new staff member – Julia Pearce
UCAT would like to introduce Julia Pearce to our team. Julia comes to us from Granite School District where she worked with the Utah Assistive Technology Team and will be […]
Modified SUV, scooter gifted to college-bound man with spina bifida
KSL news story featuring Tommy Turgeon, Steve Townsend and the Ability Found OGDEN — His walk is unusual, but it’s a victory for 18-year-old Tommy Turgeon because […]
Lightning McQueen Adaptation
Last year UCAT was asked to help in a great project called Go Baby Go out of Delaware where research is being done to modify and adapt ride on toy […]
We’ve all heard the quote, “work to live, not live to work”. We couldn’t agree more—work should be a part of life, but not life itself. UCAT strives to help […]
Posted on August 26, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT’s mission statement is: Helping people with disabilities identify and obtain assistive technology that will enhance the quality of their lives. Recently a client gave us an astonishing thank you […]
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsKen Reid of UCAT helped orchestrate a wonderful multi-agency project for a client in great need of a manual wheelchair. He worked with Katie Terry-Corbridge who was helping her get other […]
Posted on July 20, 2012 | No CommentsUCAT and Vocational Rehabilitation have a client with Arthrogryposis, a congenital disorder characterized by multiple joint contractures, muscle weakness, and fibrosis. Steve Townsend recommended a number of vehicle modifications enabling […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOur good friend, Michael was kind enough to share his thoughts on the difference the SiCare Environmental Control Unit (ECU) has made in his life. The Veterans Administration (VA) contacted us […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes a small adaptation can make a world of difference, and is all it takes for a client to remain independent at work. Kevin John’s experience with a Vocational Rehabilitation […]
Posted on May 25, 2012 | No CommentsMine Worker Returns to Work After Severe Injury Our client, who lost about one-half of his right hand in a mine accident has returned to work full time. Thanks to a […]
Posted on April 25, 2012 | No CommentsA family brought us this bike trailer and we adapted it using old wheelchair seating so that the boy could then recreate with his family. Kevin John took the original […]
Posted on June 7, 2011 | No CommentsUCAT had the opportunity to do some work for a family in Nephi through the AgrAbility of Utah Project. The referral we received: I am currently working with a sweet, […]
Posted on April 29, 2011 | No CommentsBackground: A mother requested help finding a way for her son to be able to play fetch with his companion dog; however, the son was quadriplegic and had no movement in […]
Posted on March 11, 2011 | No CommentsWrite up by Kevin John Wii Remote modification Background: An individual contacted us with the request to adapt a Wii remote that would allow him to play his favorite Wii […]